Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Religious Skeptics demand proof

... and Skyline Baptist Church right here in El Paso has obliged:



Take that Skeptic!!

I saw this on the marquee driving home from work this evening and I had to fire off a shot with the camera. For the life of me, I don't know why I find this marquee so hilarious, but I do. I hope you find this interruption in the previously scheduled de-conversion story as funny as I did.

More in the Conversions and De-conversions series coming soon. I have been very busy in my home life lately, but I hope to get back to it soon. I am up to about the year 1989 or age 25 in my story, so I still have a long way to go. I find that the story is more difficult to write as the memories become more recent and the religious events become more convoluted. But writing the series has been good for me so far. It allows me to sort through all my history, and all my feelings, and teach myself a few things about how I got where I am today. I am really enjoying writing it. It is my hope that somebody out there may find some meaning and relation in my story, and that it will help them somewhat on their own personal journey. Be patient Dear Reader - loads more coming soon.

1 comment:

DMa said...

According to those same Christians by the time Jesus comes back to prove it it'll be too late for us skeptics! Nothin' like preachin' to the choir, eh?